Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm Back!

Haven't posted for a while. It's been so long, that mid summer has now turned to almost fall. The air is crisp and cool, it feels wonderful.

Here's an update on my father:
He's in what is called "acute rehab", which means he's in a nursing facility getting very agressive rehabilitation. Physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy every day. Last week, my dad took his first steps since this all happened. I was there to see it and cried!!! He can't talk yet, but is mouthing words.
Dad has a ways to go, but we are so thankful to our Lord for bring him this far.

Things have been rough over the last month and a half. Waiting for our referral in an every slowing process has not helped matters. But again, we continue to trust in our Lord for all our needs.

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Happy to hear your Dad is recovering. Waiting is difficult. I just try day by day think good thoughts. I'm thinking extra good thoughts for you and sending them your way :)

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Still checking your blog! I'm sure your Dad started walking so he could try to give his baby girl a hug.
Glad you were there.

I can't wait until you guys get your referral. I'm having a hard time waiting for you.

Love,
Janet

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations