Monday, March 27, 2006

The Legend of the Red Thread


So sorry, I had promised to post this weekend, but was very busy and before I knew it, it was late Sunday evening and I was too tired to sit here and type.
I wanted to begin to tell our story and how we have gotten to this point. Where to begin...at the beginning of course.
John and I have been married for almost 3 and 1/2 years (gosh it feels like longer), and I mean that in a good way, because John is my soul mate and I feel like I've known him my whole life, when it's actually been only about 11 years.
We were friends for 2 years before we ever went out on a date.(I asked him first!)
We married in 2002. John had been married before and has a beautiful daughter Amanda, she's now almost 14 (wow time flys!).
John, at first really didn't want any more children, which for me was very difficult because I've wanted to be a mother since I was old enough to breath!!!!!
I was unable to conceive naturally and fertility treatments didn't seem like the answer either. I decided to give the entire situation up to the Lord, and prayed for the Lord to work on both John's and my heart, so that His will be done.
I had thought about adoption for a long time, especially international adoption.
I had gotten an informational packet from La Vida International (our adoption agency) in January 2005, which came with a video that I couldn't bring myself to watch. This past August 2005, after much prayer, I told John that I would like us to adopt a child, and would he watch the La Vida video with me. He said yes!! praise God! We watched together and decided it was time and by Labor Day 2005 we were completing the application.
The picture above is "The Legend of the Red Thread", it was said at the opening of the video that La Vida sent us. I truly believe it with all my heart. Some time soon, we will be bringing our baby Renee home.

Do not be afraid for I am with you, I will bring you children from the east and gather you from the west.
Isaiah 43:5
 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations