Monday, October 02, 2006

Renee's Room Update

Sorry for not posting sooner. Gosh where does the time go!!
Saturday my sister Karen, my niece Dana and I went to the annual "Autumn Moon" picnic for the FCC-Families with Children From China) of Long Island Waiting group. It's actually for both waiting families and families who have already returned with their children. It was held at Belmont Lake State Park. It was chilly under the trees! Dana made a monkey puppet, personalized little bags for her and Renee, and we both made a daisy lady bug catcher. Oh, and we ate "moon cake cookies", yum.
My sister kept noting how adorable all the children were. I can't wait till we bring home "our own adorable" little girl.
Now on to the "Renee Room Update".
If you remember the last pictures, we were just taking down the furniture, spackling the walls...essentially the prep work. Well, John has made a lot of progress...

The room is painted but the new carpet has not yet been put down.

New padding in place for the new carpet.

New carpet in place, changing table and rocking chair in position!

John putting the crib together.


Voila, crib now put together and the border is up!!!
I realize it may be months and months till we receive Renee's referral and ultimately travel to China, but I can't express what joy there is to just sit in the room (and rock!)and pray for our daughter whom ever and where ever she is. It's a peaceful feeling that I hope stays with me for the rest of our waiting time.

4 comments:

shochikubailover said...

Hi Sue,

It was therapeutic for me to wait from a prepared state. Your color choice is fabulous. Looks like robin egg blue.

Your blog stalker in VB,
Janet

Anonymous said...

The nursery looks beautiful. I really like the rocking chair. I feel inspired to make a start on our's now!

Your March DTC Secret Pal

Sue G said...

Janet,
The color is called "Cascading Water", and is actually a very light green.
Thanks for "stalking", I love it!!
Sue

shochikubailover said...

Sue,
I'm fascinated by Your journey. I love Amy so much, I want a second little jewel. But alas, we are going to stop at one, as she's turned our lives upside down and we're not willing to go through that twice.
Love,
Stalker, Janet

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations