Sunday, October 15, 2006

Week In Review: Part 3- A Visit to the "Orient"



Yesterday, we decided to get into the car and head east!! We live on Long Island and what a beautiful island it is in the fall. Here we are driving (actually north by this point). We decided to visit the north shore of the island and then go as far east as you can. Which is "Orient Point". The leaves are changing in spots, there is lots of color. I think we'll peak this week coming.




Aren't the mums beautiful, what colors. We visited Lewin farms next store for fresh vegetables, oh and a couple more candy apples :-)
We also stopped at Roanoake Vineyards. There are many vineyards on the north shore. We did some wine tasting. Even John enjoyed, even thought he really isn't a wine drinker. Picked up some good wine for the holidays. Here is a picture of a vineyard (sorry if blurred, we were moving at the time).



We stopped for a late lunch (or early dinner!) in Greenport, as the sign notes below we have only 9 miles left till we reach the northeastern tip of Long Island!
PS blogger is getting "Kvetchy", I'll try to post the rest a little later.

4 comments:

Kim said...

We love the island this time of year and what is a trip out north without a stop at Lewin farms. I just love their corn:)

shochikubailover said...

Happy Anniversary,
What's the latest ETA for your referral? I'm getting anxious for you.
Janet

Sue G said...

Janet,
Been hearing 14 months (which would mean May),ugh, I'm anxious too, but what can I do??

Kim & Mike,
Thanks for stopping by, yes we did buy corn and it was delicious:-)

Sue

shochikubailover said...

This waiting time is ridiculous. I'm frustrated for you and for another friend who is waiting now. It was so hard for me and my wait was shorter than yours. I wish I had some magic words.

The clique "it is worth the wait" is truly true. Ever since gotcha day we've forgotten the pain of waiting.

I guess I wish I had learned more Chinese history, culture and language during the wait.

Janet

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations