Saturday, May 23, 2009

38 months and counting....

Yesterday was 3 years and 2 months since our dossier was logged in by the CCAA (Chinese Center For Adoption Affairs). Yes, that's a long time, but now I post with a refreshed sense of purpose and excitement. Again, only 8 days remain, till our log in date. I see a new light at the end of that tunnel I've been staring down for so long. A flurry of thoughts enter my mind again, from calling the physician who will review our referral to shopping for things we'll need on the trip (yes I know I have time for that!) to making arrangements at work for my family leave. All these things, and many more have been placed up on a perverbial shelf for a long while.
I've now taken them down and dusted them off.
So, when do I think we'll receive Marissa Renee's referral?? I remain as always caustiously optimistic. I've been in this process too long to set myself up for failure.
Based upon Rumor Queen's latest projections, I could be looking at June, July and I'll include August. Not that I want to, but again I've got to be ready for whatever happens.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

You're oh so close!! Happy 38 months and celebrating only 1 or 2 more....or maybe 0 before you see Marissa Renee's beautiful little picture!

Kim said...

Soon Sue! and I can't wait to share it with you :)

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations