Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Just When You Think You're On A Roll....



Well I really thought we were on a roll, Renee was just starting to get into a routine with eating and sleeping. Monday was our pediatrician visit, it was a long visit and they evaluated Renee from head to toe. We are so thankful, Renee is a very healthy little girl!!! Due to her time in the orphanage she has some slight catching up to do developmentally, but with the one on one attention she gets from John and I, she should catch up without an issue. While at the doctor's she had two blood tests and three injections. Ouch, my poor baby. Well, about 12 hours after the shots ( three o'clock in the morning) Renee woke up with a fever. Tuesday was a yucky day for Renee, she had fever on and off all day. I spoke with the doctor's office and they said it was probably the 3 injections. She wouldn't eat and hardly drank. I was sooo worried. By about 6p her fever broke and she started to play. She did sleep from about 8p to 5a, but awoke not only with fever again, but a rash.
I spoke with the doctor's office again and they said the rash may be viral to keep a close watch on her (as if I'd do anything else :)). She had a much better day today, she's almost her old self, except we're back to square one in regards to eating. She'll take bottles (but not like before), but no food (except for the occasional puff). It's frustrating, things were going so smoothly till we went to the doctor. I'm sure all will be fine and we'll get back on track again, but gosh, just when you think you're on a roll......
Enjoy the above photo, caught it with my iphone on the way home Monday.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Poor baby! Hopefully it is just from the shots and not a virus. Sometimes I think just walking into the pediatricians office causes my kids to get sick. Hang in there! Hope she is feeling better soon.

Is she in a fleece sleeper? Sometimes they can get a little heat rash if they are too warm. A fever and a fleece sleeper could be the culprit.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

I hope she's bounced back after the Dr's visit by now and continuing to settle in!

Unknown said...

My EFP still gets like that.. I have actually started doing half vaccinations where possible.. it means more trips but less fevers.. etc. We did that for EBB also.. staggered his vaccinations... over months.

Glad to here things are progressing... surely you must be scheduled to stop by with her at WORK.. so some people can see her.. HINT HINT - no germs on the 2nd level!! LOL Call me anytime you know....

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations