Wednesday, June 07, 2006

God Bless America


So sorry, haven't posted in a while. Have a lot of catching up to do.
Found this sign at Joanne's Crafts and put it on the front door for Memorial Day. I'm leaving it up because I think it's appropriate everyday, and also it will be perfect for July 4th too! Please remember to keep our country in your prayers every day and please pray for our soldiers who have given their lives to keep our country safe.
Memorial Day weekend was beautiful here in Long Island. Every day was sunny and warm (I can remember a few where you needed long sleeves, long pants, jackets and an umbrella, ugh). On Sunday Amanda visited, and our neighbors Jim and Ellen had there annual Memorial Day BBQ and party. Now that's how you know summer has really begun!
We set up our Volley ball/ Badminton net on our front lawn and before you knew it all the kids from the party (and the block) came over to play ball. I still think I have some toys left behind by the neighborhood kids!

Here's John playing Badminton with Amanda


Here's Amanda returning a serve.

Amanda is Renee's big sister, she's a black belt in Karate since she's 13 (she's 14 now). I have great shots of her competing at a Karate tournament that I need to post.

On Monday John and I went fishing with my sister Karen, brother in law Anthony,and my niece and nephew, Dana and Anthony Jr., on their boat. It's a beautiful Proline, and as I joke with John all the time, has the necessities that I want in a boat should we ever buy one, namely a cabin to get out of the elements if necessary and most important, a bathroom!!!! John would be happy with a row boat :-) !!
Got to take pictures next time we're on board.
We caught fluke but none were keepers, they were all too small. I caught a skate, yuck. It was breezy on the water, but a gorgeous day. Looking forward to more boat trips this summer. Thanks Anthony and Karen!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

shochikubailover said...

Sue,

Wish I could see you but I totally understand. If something changes and/or if you last minute come up with some time, I'll come to you wherever you are. Would love for you to see Amy now that she is getting used to being loved and held and cared for by us exclusively. Pretty awesome to see the changes in her.

Your friend in VB,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations