Monday, May 21, 2007

Hope That Shark's Not Hungry!!



John and I spent a fun weekend in Maryland, visiting my Dad and Colleen.
We drove down Friday night and arrived about Midnight. We stayed at a Marriott SpringHill Suites about 15 minutes from where Dad and Colleen live. It was perfect, beautifully furnished and immaculately clean.
When we woke up early Saturday morning, I looked out the window of our hotel room and noticed across the street in the mall.....OutDoor World (Bass Pro Shop). This is absolute heaven for anyone who loves to hunt, boat, fish.... John heard that... did I say fish??? My husband is a true beliver of the old adage, "A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work", only my husband will tell you there is no such thing a bad day fishing, ever!!!!
When John saw OutDoor World his eyes got as big and round as saucers and he grinned from ear to ear. I knew exactly where we were going immediately after breakfast :-).
The picture above was taken there, and luckily the Shark wasn't hungry!!!

On Saturday afternoon, Dad and Colleen took us to "Dimitri's" a wonderful Greek, Italian restaurant. It was explained to me that the family that owns the restarant is Greek and the chef is Italian. John and I shared an awesome Greek salad followed by Beef Gyro's (not Veal). Deeeelicious!! I was real bad and then had a Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice cream dessert. John had Baklava. Boy were we full.
On top of that, Collen took pictures and I got the giggles (maybe outright guffaws is a better word), when my father kept saying "Feta" everytime we would ask him to say cheese:-). I think they were glad to see this rowdy crew leave!!!


On Sunday we went to church with Dad and Colleen, and then had a belated Mother's Day barbque. Colleens family came and we had a great time.
Before you knew it it was time to head back up to New York.
The drive up took 6 hours, 2 hours longer than usual due to lot's of traffic in Delaware and New Jersey. We pulled in last night about 11 PM.

Hopefully Dad and Colleen will be heading up here to visit early this summer.
I'll post more pictures when I get them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
What's going on? I'm thinking of you. I was going to call you and can't find your number at the moment. Would love to hear from you through my blog, or if you still have my email.
Thinking of you in Virginia Beach,
Janet

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations