Friday, May 11, 2007

Some Scriptures That Have Helped Me

As you can see from the title of our blog, "Our Journey of Hope", hope is the mainstay of what John and I are holding on to in what has become a really loooooong journey, much longer than we ever anticipated. John and I are Christians and although I don't quote scripture often, I have collected many scriptures over the last year and a half that have touched me and have helped me cope along the way.

My dream is to share them all with everyone at Renee's dedication ceremony.
Well last month, when referrals only arrived for 2 days worth of log in dates, I couldn't help it, but the despair creeped in. I didn't blog for a long while, because I just felt so "blah", I guess depressed is a better word! I just couldn't bring myself to write about what I was feeling.
During that time, I receive in the mail, a small card from my good friend Dee (who also happens to be the wife of our Pastor). On the front of the card was the following scripture:

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope..." Romans 15:13

Inside the card, Dee wrote another scripture that she said helped her through a difficult time in her life, when it was unclear whether she would be able to carry her last pregnancy to term.

"Lord when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer." Psalm 94:19

Oh how these scriptures helped "quiet and renew" me. Yes, as I've said before, there are days that I get very frustrated. The longing for my daughter just dosen't go away. But I am just keeping my eyes fixed on the Lord and doing my best day by day to keep the hope flowing.
Thanks Dee!!!





1 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations