Thursday, October 09, 2008

What A Ride!!!!!!!


The last three years have been a constant rollercoaster ride. Every month waiting to see how many LID's the CCAA would be able to complete. Some months I felt as if I was soaring high when it seemed that things were moving more quickly, where as many times I felt as if I was heading straight down that first steep slope of the rollercoast when things kept slowing down further and further with no end in sight.
I've included a count down in the right sidebar, which shows how many LID's (Log In Dates) left till we receive our referral. The CCAA had, as of last week, referred up to 2/15/06 which leaves 35 LID's till our referral. Well....I checked the Rumor Queen last night (as I do frequently), only to see that it appears that families with the LID of 2/16/06 have been notified that there referral is on the way. Wow !!! That caught me by complete surprise. I don't believe in the 3 years I've been following referrals since starting the adoption journey that I've seen something like this happen, with referrals arriving again, just a week later. I also don't want to speculate as to a reason why. I'm just going to change the LID count down to 34, send my congratulation out to all those who are receiving their referral today, and just make sure that my safety belt is securely fastened as this rollercoaster ride continues.

1 comments:

Kim said...

Love your blog! I have seen extra families referred only once outside of this batch. It is great for the children,families, and great for us!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations