Monday, September 29, 2008

Autumn Moon Picnic and Walk-a-thon






Yesterday was the annual FCC-LI Autumn Moon Family Picnic at Belmont Lake State Park. In addition to the picnic, we walked in the First Annual FCCLI Walk-a-Thon around Belmont Lake. The monies raised will be sent to charities that assist China's orphans as well as all those effected by the earthquake that hit Sichuan province.
Originally, the festivities were due to be held on Saturday, but the weather did not oblige us, as it rained all day. Although the weather continued to look threatening on Sunday, the rain held off till later in the evening. And aside from the ground being a bit "moist and muddy", we had a great time.
I've noticed that I'm more of a "scenery" photo taker, as the majority of the pictures above are the views around Belmont Lake. But I did take one of "Maya and Maya", as I walked with their Mom's "Barbara and Tina". I took the pictures with my new IPhone 3G. Boy I love my new "toy". I can take pretty good pictures if I do say so myself, as well as listen to music, etc. But, I digress. The walk around the lake was beautiful, and Autumn arrived when I wasn't looking, hence the beginning falling leaves as well as the beautiful fall colors just beginning to show in the trees.
Oh and Lori , I'll blog about the cruise next!!:-)

0 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations