Friday, September 19, 2008

One Step At A Time

I thought this might be a good time to give an update as to where we are in our wait to adopt Marissa Renee. We are "waiting in line" for China to get to our LID (Log In Date), the date our adoption application was officially logged in by the Chinese Center For Adoption Affairs (CCAA).

As noted above, our LID is 3/22/06. As of the beginning of this month, the CCAA had completed assigning children up to and including the LID 2/09/06. This means there are 41 LID's left till the CCAA gets to our date. How long will that take?? Well I'm hoping that I can finally say that we are in the home stretch and we expect to receive our referral in about 6 months. How do I know? Well I don't know for sure, but I base it upon information I can gather from the websites of others who keep close track of what China has done in the past.

One website I frequent monthly is China Adoption Forecast. This site attempts to forecast when we may receive MR's referral based upon their statistical analysis of what China has done in the past.

The website that really keeps me going is that of the Rumor Queen. I visit her site daily, multiple times a day, to keep abreast of what's going on in the Chinese adoption world. News can travel slowly from our agencies, so this is a place of support and sharing. I probably would have gone crazy a while ago if I hadn't found this site.

Our immigration approval will expire at the end of March 09. That means we will probably have to renew it again, not to mention we will have to be refingerprinted, and have our home study updated as well.

Last but not least, I named this post "One Step At A Time", the new release by Jordin Sparks. The minute I heard it, I fell in love with it. It is my self proclaimed "theme song". I am taking this wait one step and one day at a time. I continue to trust in my Lord's perfect timing. And as the song says ...." It'll happen when it's supposed to happen". Listen and enjoy!!

0 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations