Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Day At The Vanderbilt


This was our first view of the Vanderbilt Musuem as we walked towards it.


Have you ever seen "Crocodile Dundee II"? Remember the mansion on Long Island where is girl friend was held captive? Remember when the crowd walks into the walkway of the mansion?? It was the Vanderbilt!! I just learned that today!



The court yard and clock tower.


Today was a beautiful day in New York. Our first day this spring, above 80 degrees. Ahhh, shorts and flip flops, love it!!

We decided to find something to do that would keep us out of doors as much as possible. Well we decided to visit the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium.

We so enjoyed walking the grounds. What a beautiful view of the Northport Harbor and the Long Island Sound. It was such a beautifully sunny and clear day that we could see all the way to Connecticut!

We decided to take in the planetarium show about our solar system. The last time I visited a planetarium was a long time ago when I was a young girl. My Dad had taken us to the New York Planetarium in NYC. I remember that after the show, we visited the gift shop and he bought me a book all about the solar system. I remember reading that book over and over for many years to come. I thought of my Dad so much today, I know he was with me.

We also took a tour of the Vanderbilt Mansion. All I can say about the tour is.....wow!! William K. Vanderbilt built the mansion between 1910 and 1936. I'm a history buff and loved the tour. I think John really had a good time too.

What a great day!

0 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations