Sunday, April 05, 2009

Time Marches On and Love Remains




We are marking two sad anniversaries in my family. March 24th was 21 years ago that we lost my dear mother Dolores to lung cancer at the young age of 54.
My sister and I visit her grave often and bring lots of flowers, especially purple ones, as purple was her favorite color.
Although it's been a long time since mom passed, her memory is very much alive for us both.
If not for this wonderful, caring woman, we would not be who we are today.

This Friday, April 10th will be one year since my dear father Martin passed away. It is so hard to fathom that it's been a whole year already. I miss him so much. I still find myself thinking that I have to call him and tell him about this or that, about things that are happening in my life, only to be snapped back to reality. I still talk to him, all the time, but sadly cannot hear his wonderful voice in return. How I miss his soothing voice.

Today my sister and I visited our parents graves and brought them both colorful bouquets of flowers. We looked up to the beautiful blue sky and again let them know how much they are missed and of course loved.

0 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations