Monday, September 28, 2009

Jet Lag What a Pain!



We've all been feeling the effects of jet lag, inability to sleep when it's dark outside and then an overwhelming feeling of exhaustion during the daylight hours. Renee has been sleeping in spurts of anywhere from 2-4 hours at a shot. I feel bad for my sweet girl, she's completely turned around. We took a walk outside before and she fell fast asleep in her stroller, and I still can't get her up no matter how much noise I make or how many time I kiss her tummy :) She opens her eyes, smiles, then rolls back over as if to say "Hey mom, leave me alone, I'm very comfortable here!" Well I can't fight city hall! Looks like I'll be up again tonight.
The above picture is of Renee in her car seat this morning when she accompanied John and I to the grocery store. We were hesitant to put her in her car seat after her first experience Friday evening. Remember how well I said she did on all of her plane rides? Well her melt down came when my sister and brother-in-law picked us up at Newark airport and we had to put her in a car seat for the first time. In China we held her during all bus trips so this was totally foreign to her. She screamed and cried, and to make matters worse traffic was at a standstill. We actually stopped in Brooklyn to help her to calm down and make a bottle. Needless to say, we were all extremely glad when we pulled into our drive way!!
Well, this morning we decided we would have to try the car seat again as it would be a necessity. We were amazed, she was absolutely fine!! Not a peep, only smiles. And on the trip home she fell asleep!!
So...this seems to be a familiar pose lately. Let's hope we all adjust as soon as possible. More photos to come!

1 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations