Sunday, May 21, 2006

Kisses In The Wind

So sorry for the lack of posting over this past week. Have traveled much for work. I was in Philadelphia and Boston this past week. I'm hoping to be pretty close to home till I leave for Henderson, Nevada in 2 weeks, then Minneapolis, Minnesota at the end of June.
Meant to post for Mother's Day last week, but the day, and then the week :-)got away from me. Mother's Day has always been a hard day for me, as it reminded me of what I wasn't and couldn't achieve. I would try to be cheerful for all the other Mom's in my life, but deep inside I ached so.
Well this year was so different from the first moment I got up in the morning. John had 2 cards for me (he always gives me more than one card !!) and a box. One card was to the "Mother to Be" and the other was from Renee!! In the box was a beautiful frame that said on the top "I LOVE MOMMY". Oh to realize that one day soon Renee will be here and will one day say that she loves me and call me Mommy. That will be a dream come true.
Well we went to church, visited John's Mom and then we met my sister Karen, brother in law Anthony and my niece and nephew, Dana and Anthony Jr. for a late "brunch" buffet at the 56th Fighter Group (weird name but great restaurant!) in Farmingdale, NY. It was absolutely delicious, we had a great time and Anthony and Dana gave me a beautiful frame and a pink impatient plant that believe it or not is still alive and thriving :-).
After that, Anthony and Dana came home with me and we watched The Chronicles of Narnia, The Witch, The Lion and the Wardrobe (sorry if they are out of order!!).
Just think, hopefully this time next year, Renee will be celebrating with us!!

This week, I received an email from La Vida with an attached document "While You Wait Activities". Things to do before we travel to bring Renee home. It's 5 pages long!!!!! The first on the list is..."Deep clean and organize!! Clean the garage and every closet in your home...organize everything..." Well that was my plan, lot's to do in the next 6 months. We started today by shampooing the living room, dining room, and hall way rug. Wow, what a difference and it only cost $34.00 (rental from Home Depot!!), way to go John, great job sweetie!!

If you note the title of today's posting, I want to finish by including a poem that was sent to me with one of the quilt pieces and wishes I have received. (And I've received many!!) It brought tears to my eyes and still does everytime I read it. It captures the essence of our wait for Renee. Here it is...

Kisses In The Wind
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder were we are...what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
---Unknown--

2 comments:

shochikubailover said...

2 months since LID! Woo hoo. What are they predicting now?

Your friend in VB,
Janet

Sue G said...

Janet,
Based on what I've been gathering from multiple sources, the wait from LID is now 11-12 months.
I'm praying that decreases in length, especially now that we're 2 months into the wait.
Been following your blog, Amy is thriving!! Happy Belated Mothers Day!
Your friend in NY,
Sue

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations